Hurdles



I spent many many hours last week, including most of the weekend (and two Harry Potter books-on-tape at least) just designing the pattern. The artists in the book I'm binding, make designing a pattern sound so easy! Just pixels and grids and colors - no biggy! I guess that is always the mark of the professional, they make it seem like a breeze.

I did finally settle on a design that I like. There are some things about it I wish I could change, but at some point you have to fish or cut bait.
Time to fish.


After three attempts I was finally able to get an acceptable cast-on. And a few hours later I had a very nice base. Then on to the flowers (three colors at once). This could very well be the most difficult thing I have ever or will ever knit in my life.

However....
It doesn't look like the gauge is correct. I added what I thought were enough stitches to compensate for the wider spine, but I started feeling that it just didn't look big enough.

I decided to sleep on it.  After talking with a co-worker this morning,  I've come to the conclusion:  I think I have to start over.
Again.

Just to be sure I decided to block what I have on the needles. It was a very snug fit over this size #19 needle, so I think my suspicions are correct.

sigh. 
The morning will tell. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make mock ups

Waltzing Along

Third time's the charm